389 W. Main Street, Hainesville, Il 60073
Phone: 847-546-7480 Fax: 847-546-7613
The highway commissioner oversees construction, maintenance and
repair and is responsible for the construction, maintenance and
repair of roads within the unincorporated areas of the district,
letting contracts, employing labor and purchase material and
machinery therefore, subject to certain limitations. The
commissioner can only do that which the statutes say he can do, and
he has no authority beyond that point.
The highway commissioner of each road district is elected to hold
office for a term of four years.
Some Duties Include:
- Snowplowing and ice control
- Spring clean-up
- Tire and battery pick-up
- Roadside mowing & tree trimming
- Drainage, storm sewers and culverts maintained to ensure proper
flow of water
- Caring for street lights and maintaining traffic signs
- Assist families involved in flooding and storms
Find information on Avon Township's Water Quality Practices Here.